Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The CricketPro 800 is the best home soft tip board


This board a CricketPro 800 is by far the best bang for your buck. I have shot on thousands of boards and this one ranks as close to a bar board that you can get for the money. I read reviews about people not being able to read the numbers in a poorly lit room, well who in their right mind would shoot darts in a dim room without a light on the board. I have shot at least 20 games of cricket in the first day I owned it and have not had a single bounce out. Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 Soft-Tip Dart Game

The heckler is annoying but easily turned off. A voice does announce your shot and who's turn but that just helps keep everyone organized. I've also seen complaints about the way the board mounts. 2 screws are plenty to anchor this unit solid to the wall. I have zero movements when removing darts. You just need to patiently keep tweeking the screws in until you get a snug lock down transition. The darts that come with the board are lower quality but will get the job done if you choose not to invest in better darts right away.

The CricketPro 800 is the best home soft tip board I have ever used. Lots of games easy to hang. And it looks good on the wall.

Over all, I would buy this again and highly recommend to anyone that wants a high quality home board.

Looks like the boards I play in tournaments. Regulation Face with common color schemes.
It has most of the games I play in the bars. (Cricket, 501, Bermuda Triangle, etc.)
It's easy to use.
The 800 has the traditional scoring display (/, X, O) for cricket.
Voice calls out what you just hit.
The computer player can give me quite a battle on the harder settings. :)

Cons:
They break pretty easy. I'm on my 4th one. I've had a 650, 750, and 800 (This board).The segments tend to go dead with heavy use. I currently own a 750 which I find best because...
The Heckler has to be turned off on the 800 each time you start up. Quite annoying for the avid dart player.
Noisy when dart impacts the board. (This is common to most home boards.)
The computer player can give me quite a battle on the easier settings. :(

Bottom Line:
Despite having to buy a new board every couple of years, it's still the best home dart board to prep for playing in tournaments. It just feels to me more like them. If your a beginner and the want the bells and whistles, go with the 800. If don't want to hear the heckler every time you forget to turn it off, go with with the 750. It's a little cheaper and just as good.

Top Ro Ro Ro

0 comments:

Post a Comment